Planning for the future can be a daunting task. Having a Will gives you the peace of mind that your estate will be distributed according to your wishes. However, estate planning goes beyond having a Will. A Power of Attorney ensures that someone you trust has been left with the power to make financial and legal decisions for you in the event you become incapable of making such decisions for yourself. A Representation Agreement ensures that someone you trust has been left with the power to make medical decisions for you in the event you become incapable of making such decisions for yourself. We serve Langley, Maple Ridge, and Surrey.
SOME OF OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Addressing your questions regarding the current legislative framework and simplifying the laws that apply to your particular situation
- Preparing a Will, Power of Attorney, and/or a Representation Agreement
- Providing advice on whether a special trust should be set up for an adult child or other adult beneficiary
- Clarifying the law on who can apply to vary your will, and under what circumstances
- Assisting an executor named in a Will obtain a Grant of Letters Probate
- Assisting with obtaining a Grant of Administration in situations where the deceased has no valid Will
He made my divorce painless, and took charge of all that needed to be done.
I tried to do it myself, with the guidance of Scott Taylor, and realized it was in my best interest to have him take over, and I am certainly glad I did.
His professional approach served me and my family very well. He knew exactly when to step forward, and when he could coach me to handle things on my own to help keep my costs down.
Thank you Mr. Taylor for a job well done.
Immediately upon walking into this office, I was received by a warm welcome from his legal assistant. This did not feel intimidating as what I had been exposed to at the other lawyer’s offices. Moments later, I was sitting with Mr. Taylor in his office, discussing my case. After several minutes I felt very comfortable.
Scott Taylor took the time to sincerely listen to what I had to say, and he had the compassion to provide me with the honest answers I needed. The best way I could describe Scott, would be like a friend. After leaving his office, I felt like I had a close friend going to bat for me.
I would recommend Scott to anyone who needed legal advice.